Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Lima, Peru

I got back from Lima on Sunday evening. I have been really busy since then taking care of household work but I wanted to post some pics. I probably won't tell all my stories cause they will remain in my journal, and it would take up too much time. I had an amazing time with my roommate, Aubrey, and a long-time friend, Jacy Turner, whom I taught English with in China many years ago.

We went paragliding in Miraflores, Lima, Peru. Which was amazing! The view and the feeling of soaring through the air, with that surge of surprise with a change of the wind was an experience unlike any other flying adventure I've had.

We took a local bus all through Lima which was a really bad idea, and yet gave me a perspective of what Lima good, bad, and poor and the slums are really like. The destination on our bus journey was the temple. I love to see the temple...it lights me up to see it, especially outside my home country.

I tried some traditional food while I was there, some i wasn't fond of and others I really liked. My favorite was probably rocotos rellanos, alpaca, and I really like this potato dish with a creamy sauce and Andean cheese. I find myself particularly lucky that I don't get stomach sick very often. I won't take it for granted by eating whatever I like but while on my travels others get sick frequently I rarely do...I count it as a blessing.

The pics below are Lima pics, others will be on another post.


 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment