Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I'm sailing...

Before I continue to the trip I must include my mammie's birthday celebration. Before we left on the trip my mom came a few days early. I gave her a facial and took her out to dinner as an early birthday present. So on her birthday we just went out to dinner and then had a lame-o Brownie Sundae. Sorry Mom!



The highlight of New Hampshire was the drive around Lake Winnipesaukee. I couldn't help but to laugh as I thought about Bob, "I'm sailing." Man, it is a gorgeous area to visit or vacation in the summer but really quite dead in the fall, empty beaches, and an empty lake.





We also drove through Kancanmangus Pass which was breathtaking...the little we could see of it. As in life we often can't see the big picture. We may be bitter, upset that the view isn't laid out before us, but then you miss all the small things that the Lord has along the wayside. It was pouring rain during the drive, and the clouds were heavy over us. Our stop to see a gorge, and waterfall was really beautiful. It was a great drive...after we drive down out of the mountain the day cleared up. I ran along an old railroad track.






I will remember New Hampshire for its many lakes, and hiking trails/camping.

Last of all is Ogunquit, Maine our final destination, with the exception of our stop in Pittsburgh, kinda a home away from home for me. Quaint little town right on the coast. We went on walks along the coast multiple times during the day. That was mostly what we did the 2.5 days we were there. I really love the ocean. I had lobster as well, which was pretty good. It has a crabby taste to me, and can be really rich.





We spent one day meandering through the towns, along the coast, stopping to walk along the beaches, and small towns. We saw President Bush's place, which I refused to play the tourist and take a photo of the house. I think it is ridiculous. We also went to the famous lighthouse in which Longfellow visited frequently.




Lastly Josh's place, Pittsburgh. The kids are growing up. Little Emil makes me laugh. His facial expressions are hilarious!



No comments:

Post a Comment