My best childhood friend, Jennifer Bradley and I trained for a 1/2 Marathon. I may have mention in another blog that I somehow convinced her to run with me. It is something I wanted to do and something I still pay for dearly.
We couldn't have picked a more beautiful location than Monterey California. The run wasn't until Sunday so we had all day Friday and Saturday. I both flew into San Jose where we picked up our rental piece of metal. The first night we spent in Santa Cruz. It isn't quite as cool in the winter...the Boardwalk wasn't open. You'd think I would have realized that one. We took scenic drives, walked around, did small amounts of shopping and relaxed. One day we spend in the car on 17-Mile Drive. Scenic gorgeous views of the ocean and we ended up watching the sunset in Carmel. I have seen all of California and this is one of the most beautiful areas.

The run? Well, all I can say is: 'I finished it' I ran the whole way. It was an accomplishment. No, I won't run a full marathon. The run went through history Monterey, along the coastline, through Cannery Row (which is the old Sardine packing plant area), and the rest of the way was coastline and breathtaking-not because I was running the whole way. Afterwards got our medallion, photo taken, and headed for the food station. Our hotel was conveniently located at the finishline of the race. We didn't have far to walk. The went straight up, showered, and had naps.


THANK YOU JEN!
No comments:
Post a Comment