I toured DC. My sights were:
Tangy Sweet (my first time I had the yogurt was in California). I stopped by the Portrait Gallery but it wasn't open yet. So pressed forward.
Walked down E Street past Judiciary Square to Union Station. Not the safest route to take through the district but it could have been worse. The huge courthouse on the right and an assortment of people streaming in and out of the buildings.
Union Station at one point was the largest train stations in the US. It is a beautiful building. There is all kinds of shops in that place.
The National Postal Museum
Supreme Court which I can't tell you now any of the Justices nor the Chief Justice. What I do remember are the 3 parts of government: Legislative, Executive, and Judiciary. I couldn't remember when the intern asked the group. I've since forgotten since I learned it in high school and don't really follow politics or government now, but that will be remedied.
Library of Congress. The highlight of my day. The most beautiful building in DC in my opinion. Before I leave I intend on getting a library card and doing some research before I head out of DC.
No comments:
Post a Comment