Tuesday, October 26, 2010

NYC




I took the metro to work for the first time. It was kinda fun. I felt like I had been missing out all these years of traveling around the 495 to work instead of the metro. I could sit there and read, listen to my head phones and even talk on my phone (which you can't do in the District without a heavy penalty if you are caught).
But what I didn't account for the next morning was no shuttle from the Hospital (I wasn't told it doesn't run on weekends), heading to the opposite side of the city (I didn't take NW, NE into consideration when I google mapped my pick-up point for the bus to NYC). I was really tired, most people might deduct that a Chinatown bus is normally caught in Chinatown, yeah a terribly stupid moment. Well with all things considered I got to the right part of town with a little assistance with some time to spare before the bus left for NYC.

Harry Winston


The Strand


Gray's Papaya


Rice to Riches/Pink Berry

Shake Shack





Into the Heights



Cafe Lalo

BED and fast to sleep. I woke once, but with all the chatter, loud noises you'd think I would have been awake most the night. Not me. A train could have come through my room, a tornado, earthquake...you name it I would have slept right through it. I was dead beat after no sleep for 40 hrs.

Chelsea Market- Loved the little wholesome, natural, organic delicious market.


The Highline






Central Park/Alice and Wonderland Statue




Max Brenner...chocoate heaven!





more Pink Berry

the NYC metro



I had such lovely company. I am so glad I went to NYC this weekend. I can't believe I almost considered otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment