Monday, March 29, 2010

Heaven...

I went to see my very best friends in the whole wide world, minus a few token souls. A run down of my weekend started with bliss and ended with a full heart.
Sarah-Dawn picked me up, I ran some errands while she worked. Then we went for free to Disneyland, happened to get free parking, and immediately got fast passes from another couple who happened to have a extra two for the Tower of Terror (?). It was meant to be our day...and weekend for that matter. We watched the fireworks, didn't have to wait long in lines, we had turkey legs, cotton candy (which was really good), and churros.










The next day I tried to take care of some misc things, got manicures, ate sushi, went to Yogurtland, then we hit the beach for a speed walk, and nap. We dropped in Balboa Island for a bit, and I went to see Sherlock Holmes while SD again went to work. After that we went to a Ducks game, that is Cali hockey team. They beat the Islanders, just about 40 seconds into overtime. Pretty sweet!






Saturday was baby shower day. We went to the temple in the AM. Had lunch at the infamous Cafe Rio, recently opened in OC. It was delightful! Pork Salad. Yummy! The thought of it makes my stomach grumble.


It just so happened that the weekend I chose to go to OC was the weekend of Becs baby shower. Hopefully a little Jane. I wanted it to be a surprise but 2 minutes before I got there Pat spilled the beans accidentally. But it was a surprise nonetheless. I loved feeling the baby kick and touching her belly. I have never been around when any of my dearest friends have been pregnant. She is so cute, and it is so crazy! SD and I bought Becca wipes and white plain ol' onesies. I only say that because she got just about 40 pairs of them, but they were cute onesies variations of patterns and colors.








Pat, SD and I went back to the beach for the sunset, and then chilled at Becca's for the rest of the evening.




Sunday was church. A visit to the Rawling's in the of the most inspiring, beautiful, pisturesque places I know...AKA Palos Verdes Estates. Prior to going to their house we drove along the coastline of the Peninsula. Remi put us all to work preparing a Morrocan feast with Creme Brulee for dessert. Little did I know that I was intruding on a birthday dinner of my old housemate, Mike, who is now in med school in Wisconsin. Initially it was a bit awkward turned out to be a wonderful evening, ending with a song by Mike and his friend. I never realized how amazing his voice was.




SD and I met up with her sister the day I left for lunch at a little place called Shenandoah (maybe, I've forgotten the name) which was delicious. We had bread pudding to top. SD dropped me off at the airport afterwards. It was really sad to leave my friend who's been there for me thick and thin, and has always appease my crazy ideas for adventure when no one else has. I love you SD!

No comments:

Post a Comment