Once again cleaning out the closet I found a couple things that I'd been given at some point. I wanted to remember them so I am posting them here:
Life is Filled with Possibilities
that challenge us each day
to take a chance, try something new,
see things a different way.
And it's through these special moments
that we learn to change and grow,
to explore the precious gift
of who we are and what we know.
Unless you take a chance or two,
in order to begin...
there's nothing we can hope to gain,
no prize that we can win.
For it's not until we try
that we find out
what we can do...
so don't wait until tomorrow
to discover something new!
-Larry S. Chengges
The next little thing is about how we should treat our relationships with other people. As I read this, I recalled one of the most happiest times in my life. I was living these principles that are encouraged (but without having the paper to look upon). When applying these 'commandments' you draw people to you, your more happier to boot and it becomes cyclical. I've been told many times during difficult times of my life to look beyond my own sorrows/troubles to the needs of others and it will make you happy. I believe that is true, that need could be as little as saying hello to someone who is standing apart from a group, or going out of your way to find out how someone is doing. Sometimes the littlest things mean the most. Well, there you go and here you go:
Ten Commandments of Human Relationships
1.) Speak to people. There is nothing so nice as a cheerful word of greeting.
2.)Smile at people. It takes 72 muscles to frown, only 14 to smile.
3.) Call people by name. The sweetest music to any one's ears is the sound of his own name.
4.)Be friendly and helpful. If you want friends, you must be one.
5.) Be cordial. Speak and act as if everything you do is a joy to you.
6.) Be genuinely interested in people. You can like almost everybody if you try.
7.) Be generous with praise and cautious with criticism.
8.) Be considerate with feelings of others. There is usually three sides to a controversy; yours, the other fellow's and the right side.
9.) Be eager to lend a helping hand. Often it is appreciated more than you know. What counts most in life is what we do for others.
10.) Add to this a good sense of humor, a huge dose of patience and a dash of humility. This combination will open many doors and the rewards will be enormous.
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment